You pay just $10 a month!
Save $$$ with our Spring
Just $99 for
an entire year (prepaid)!
That's as low as $8.25/month!
|Top ten reasons why you should
- Get Instant Access with our Online Sign-up
- No Credit Card Required
- Nationwide--No Toll Out of Town
- Free 24/7 Tech Support
- Email SPAM Filter and POP-UP Blocker
- No Advertisements
- Use your existing Instant Messenger
- 15 Email Accounts and 20MB Webspace--FREE
- Fast, Clean, Clear Digital Connections--No Busy Signals
- More Newsgroups, Newsgroups, Newsgroups
Set up Netscape 4.5 -
- Open Netscape and click on EDIT and then PREFERENCES.
Preferences will open to the "Navigator" category.
- Here you can set your homepage to www.hypercon.net.
You can also clear your HISTORY and your LOCATION BARís
recently typed in addresses.
Double click on MAIL & NEWSGROUPS and the sub-categories;
IDENTITY, MAIL SERVERS, NEWS SERVERS, etc. will appear.
- In IDENTITY, make sure your name (or any name you wish)
is in the box and that your Hypercon Email address is correct.
When finished, Click on MAIL SERVERS.
- Make sure the Incoming Mail Server has mail.hypercon.net
listed. If not, click ADD to add one, or click EDIT if the
information is incorrect.
- Make sure all information corresponds for the Mail Server
Enter your username. Select "Never" Use Secure
Socket Layer (SSL) or TLS for outgoing messages.
Mail Server Properties
server name: mail.hypercon.net
server type: POP3 Server
Enter your username and check "Remember password."
Click on the POP tab.
- Be sure to NOT have anything checked in this box UNLESS
you specifically want to NOT download any mail to your computer.
If you wish to set-up News Groups, then click on NEWSGROUP
SERVER. Otherwise, double click the ADVANCED category option,
then click on CACHE.
- Make sure the Preferences for your news group server list
the Hypercon news server (news.hypercon.com) as "Default.".
If the information is incorrect then click delete and remove
it. If it is missing then click ADD.
- Newsgroup Server Properties
- To clear your Netscape memory space, click "Clear
Memory Cache" button.
Note: You may wish to raise the Memory Cache Netscape uses
to make web browsing a bit quicker. To set your memory cache,
type in a multiple of 1024 into the "Memory Cache"
box. For example, if you have 64 megabytes of ram, you may
wish to set your Memory Cache to 3072 which is 3 megabytes.
If you have 128 megabytes or more, you may wish to try 4096
To clear the Temporary Internet Files, click the "Clear
Disk Cache" button. If you wish to experiment with
different Disk Cache sizes you may. However, the Disk Cache
size of 7680 should be sufficient.
Once done click OK at the bottom of the screen to close
the Preferences dialog box.